free website stats program Quick Release Fuel Fitting | Harley Davidson Forums

Quick Release Fuel Fitting

doc_63

Can you disconnect the quick release fuel fitting under the tank without relieving the pressure first? I did as the service manual said but wondered if it was necessary.

You can, but will probably get a spray of fuel. It may be a little tougher to get the quick disconnect to disconnect as well.

Relieve the pressure by pulling the fuel relay and let it run dry...50 PSI of fuel pressure is dangerous...!

Relieve the pressure by pulling the fuel relay and let it run dry...50 PSI of fuel pressure is dangerous...!

Thats exactally what I did but wondered if it was really needed. Glad I followed my PRICELESS Service Manual.

The fuel pressure will make it a bit difficult to release unless you pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it over then.

Don't forget to put the fuse back in when you're putting her back together before trying to start it... it'll save you that oh no gut feeling and embarassment in front of the wife (who I'm sure was thinking now what have you done to break the new bike) - not that I was just there last weekend :)

Don't forget to put the fuse back in when you're putting her back together before trying to start it... it'll save you that oh no gut feeling and embarassment in front of the wife (who I'm sure was thinking now what have you done to break the new bike) - not that I was just there last weekend :)

I put it back in before I even removed the tank. I thought to myself...self...put that fuse back in right now before you forget and think you have a problem.

Back