free website stats program Quick question | Harley Davidson Forums

Quick question

Nikko684

SO I have a 2005 dyna wide glide. I want to buy some Michelin Commander II's but don't know the front size. Currently I have a dunflop D402F size MH90-21. so what size does that equate to in Michelin speak? The rear is standard size. I already ordered that one.

The closest metric size to an mh90-21 would be an 80/90-21 however a 90/90-21 would also work
Further research may point to a 90/90-21 being a closer size to an mh90-21

I have now been on a few different sites with tyre size charts and MH seems to be anywhere from 2.5" to 3" as a width now it gets difficult as 3" = 76.2 mm which would put the 80/90-21 as the closest match

However visiting and searching tyre size I have found some variation in the mh width to be between 83mm to 87 mm so it is all getting a wee bit confusing but either of the 2 tyre sizes will fit the rim and there is plenty of space in the wide glide front end to fit a much wider tyre

Brian

Last edited:
SO I have a 2005 dyna wide glide. I want to buy some Michelin Commander II's but don't know the front size. Currently I have a dunflop D402F size MH90-21. so what size does that equate to in Michelin speak? The rear is standard size. I already ordered that one.

Just put some Michelin Commander IIs on my '11 FLSTC. Ordered them from Motorcycle Superstore.

Here is the fitment quide from Michelin:

http://motorcycle.michelinman.com/content/download/155887/1972037/file/2015 U.S. Fitment Guide.pdf

See page 63

FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide 2002 - 2005 80/90 - 21 M/C 54H REINF COMMANDER II F TL/TT 150/80 B 16 M/C 77H REINF COMMANDER II R TL/TT

If you have laced wheels, you'll have to get new tubes too.

Cheers,

TQ

BTW - thank you for your service!!

Last edited:
Thank you all. Yes I went down to the store and talked to the clerks. Picked up the rear and a tube today, the front will be here in 3 days. They didn't have it in stock, but the size was an 80-90-21. but now that I know a wider tire would fit, I wish I would have went that route. Next time I guess. I've thought about putting a touring size tire on the front.... plenty of room for it....

Also Thank YOU TQuentin :)

ell, Ive put about 1000 miles on the Michelins now. Got to say I love them! super Grip even in wet weather. Plus they look great. The only thing I don't like though, is that even thou I got a 150 -80-16 for the rear which is the same size as stock, the tire is still skinnier than the stock Dunlop. Too skinny looking. But I can deal with it. They grip so good, I often find myself leaning way to far into turns lol. Scraping my footpegs regularly.

I've run Michelins on cars but never on a scoot. Thanks for the update, maybe Michelins are in my future. :s

I've run Michelins on cars but never on a scoot. Thanks for the update, maybe Michelins are in my future. :s

I have used Michelin tyres on bikes in the past and they have given good grip in all weather conditions
I have 2 sets of Michelin tyres for the car have alpin on at the moment but should soon be swapping over to energy just when I am sure that white fluffy rain has fully given way to wet rain

Brian

Back