free website stats program Quick Fix for exhaust back pressure? | Harley Davidson Forums

Quick Fix for exhaust back pressure?

Ok so I bought my '08 1200 Sportster and the guy I got it from had cut the baffles out of the stock exhaust. I've been told there are inserts you can get for like $30 that go in the exhaust right where it connects to the cylinder heads. Does anyone know if these work or is it a waste of $30? I'd love to replace the exhaust with something but right now that is a bit out of my price range.

I don't think they will do what you want them to do. They are call AR cones, anti-reversion cones. When installed inside the head pipes these cones act to repel the pulse waves as they return to the engine and alter velocity as the gas passes through the narrower passage. Performance will still suffer on the lower end since there is no ability to scavenge gases as with a 2-1 or stock Harley exhaust.

Might be worth a try to search for stock Sportster exhaust on CraigsList or eBay...and post in the parts wanted section on this & other HD/V-twim forums. Some riders like to offload their old exhaust after upgrading...good luck.

This has been years ago,,,,I asked the Service Rep. where I bought my new bike, IF they ever got any Drops left over by the customers and IF they would sell them.. I looked into a room FULL of exhaust Left behind by the customers who wanted after market exhaust out the door.. And Yes for 25$ I got a set...

I don't Know IF the 25$ got to the cashier but I did the transaction in front of others working there..??

I also do like the over the net for used Mufflers on Ebay...

signed....BUBBIE

Back