free website stats program Quick Disconnect Leaking | Harley Davidson Forums

Quick Disconnect Leaking

glider.

BOT Machine
Posted by "PanheadAndy"

Just for everyone's info.If you call Harley they will tell you thats not a repairable part and you have to buy a new tank fitting.That is false.Inside the fitting are two o rings.The bottom one is the one that starts leaking.The top one rarely needs replacing as it just holds the barb inside the fitting.They can be purchased from McMaster.Just do a search for McMasterThe McMaster part number is -905.The o ring deminsions are inside .414 outside .558 with a thickness of .072 If your on the road and it starts leaking an emergency fix is to go to an auto parts store and get an o ring that just fits into the bore of the female tank fitting.Leave the old o ring in place and add the new o ring.Use the male part of the fitting to shove the new ring into place.It will hold til you can replace the factory o ring with the right one.When you replace the original o ring be very careful to get all of the old one out of the groove.

hey Mr. Data and Panhead Andy
does anyone have the p/n for the o-ring for the male side of that fitting?
Mine is an 02 Ultra Classic and i have the McMaster p/n -905 on order now..but when i originally discovered this leak i mistakenly diagnosed the leak as coming from the male side due to a visible nick in that o'ring and i destroyed it getting it out...i replaced it with an o-ring from the auto parts store but it still leaks of course, even worse with the improper o-ring in the male side...i'd like to order both at the same time...been down since the end of Daytona bike week...:-(
Thanks for any help!
Tom baggerT

I had the same problem, find an auto air conditioning O Ring variety pack. Various sizes are enclosed and will work. These are green in color. As stated previously, remove the remaining o ring before proceeding.

Back