free website stats program Quick Disconnect Fuel line leaking!! Help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Quick Disconnect Fuel line leaking!! Help

Just for everyone's info.If you call Harley they will tell you thats not a repairable part and you have to buy a new tank fitting.That is false.Inside the fitting are two o rings.The bottom one is the one that starts leaking.The top one rarely needs replacing as it just holds the barb inside the fitting.They can be purchased from McMaster.Just do a search for McMasterThe McMaster part number is -905.The o ring deminsions are inside .414 outside .558 with a thickness of .072 If your on the road and it starts leaking an emergency fix is to go to an auto parts store and get an o ring that just fits into the bore of the female tank fitting.Leave the old o ring in place and add the new o ring.Use the male part of the fitting to shove the new ring into place.It will hold til you can replace the factory o ring with the right one.When you replace the original o ring be very careful to get all of the old one out of the groove.
Thanks a lot for this info. Some bathtard filled my tank with water and I'm having to pull the tank and fuel lines to get all the water out. I was having fits with those so called "quick disconnects". Nothing I've ever done on a Harley was quick.

I know this is an old post but I'm having hard time making a new post. I just ran into the same issue of breaking the quick disconnect going into the FI. I have googled stuff trying to find the part I need. I ran acrossed these forums and basically every one I read is talking about you having to buy the new fuel line. Well the Harley dealership was closed Thursday evening when I needed this part. Of course they was going to be closed for the 4th so I need to fix this so I could ride on the fourth. So guess how cheap and easy the fix was.
I went to my local auto parts store Orielly's and asked for a 5/16 quick disconnect fuel fixture. Guess what they had one. Which all auto parts stores will have it. I bought a new piece of fuel line. stuck the quick connect on the line clamp with the stock clamp and slide it on the fuel line to Fi it cllicked right on.It cost me $10.00 for the parts and was back on the rd that quick. The quick connect looks different but fits perfect.

Last edited:
I know this is an old post but I'm having hard time making a new post. I just ran into the same issue of breaking the quick disconnect going into the FI. I have googled stuff trying to find the part I need. I ran acrossed these forums and basically every one I read is talking about you having to buy the new fuel line. Well the Harley dealership was closed Thursday evening when I needed this part. Of course they was going to be closed for the 4th so I need to fix this so I could ride on the fourth. So guess how cheap and easy the fix was.
I went to my local auto parts store Orielly's and asked for a 5/16 quick disconnect fuel fixture. Guess what they had one. Which all auto parts stores will have it. I bought a new piece of fuel line. stuck the quick connect on the line clamp with the stock clamp and slide it on the fuel line to Fi it cllicked right on.It cost me $10.00 for the parts and was back on the rd that quick. The quick connect looks different but fits perfect.

Good on you, thanks for the info
Welcome to The Forum

Back