free website stats program Questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Questions

ICookie

My 2013 Street Glide ticks loudly especially when I first run it. I was told not to use synthetic oil as it will cause it to do this...others disagree. I put slipons on it when I first bought it and didn't do a download.
Would anyone out there know what would cause this? and what's more important how do I correct this? My friend had his do the same.
One more question. Twice now on two bikes I owned, two different harley dealerships put my front wheel on backwards....will that affect the tire?
duh huh?
thanks in advance

Different Harley's have different tick. Some are lifters, some are rocker arms, etc. Many people swear that certain oils diminish or intensify noises. I don't have an argument on this.
If your bike has ABS brakes, there is a magnetic sensor in the left wheel bearing that MUST stay on the left side. Otherwise, I don't know enough about the '13 wheels. My '07 has slots in the cast spokes that must face rearward.

thank you, I don't have ABS brakes, wished I did the other day...but this tick wasn't there when I bought it...it has developed and is getting worse.
My friend had his bike overhauled and it fixed it for a while....I find that if you use seafoam in the gas it helps

First of all can you isolate where the tick is coming from? Sound travels so it may be coming from a place different from where you think it is. It does seem synthetic oil can cause a little louder engine noise but it's nothing to be alarmed about.

Top end noise/ticks seem to be inherent with Harleys.

My 13 Ultra 103 is a noisy engine. I changed oil at 5000 miles and used Amsoil. The engine got noisier. At the 10,000 service I went with syn3 and it quieted down. Everthing I hear is the 103 is noisy from upper end.

Back