free website stats program Questions from a new FLSTF owner | Harley Davidson Forums

Questions from a new FLSTF owner

NavVet

Hi guys!

This is my first post so go easy on me:D

I am the proud owner of a brand new 2009 Fatboy that I took delivery on last week. So far I have 250 miles on it and just love it! The photos attached were taken at the dealer and I will upload some more for everyone later when I get some better shots.:cheers

Here's my questions:
Oil Cooler, is one needed on this machine? I live in Houston, Texas so the temps can get a little on the high side. Secondly, would you recommend a Screaming Eagle / KN air filter?

Thanks for the forum....I will come back often!

Attachments

• CIMG2332.jpg
    CIMG2332.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG2331.jpg
    CIMG2331.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 46
  • CIMG2330.jpg
    CIMG2330.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 49
The cooler is not needed but is a good idea especially with the newer bikes that run very hot.The Jagg coolers are a good choice.The SE stage 1 with a K&N filter is also a good choice but the SE stage1 comes with a cleanable paper filter.

Nice bike.

Jagg as stated are nice.
Air cleaner, Pipes, or slip on's, and a tuner will let her breathe for ya.

Welcome to the Forum. Lots of great info here on the Self-help pages and in the heads of your fellow members.

I am here in Sugar Land. I have put a cooler on my big bike, cause the touring bikes have lots of stuff to get in the way of cooling air flow. I do not have one on my Dyna however. I did go with the low mount 10 row Jagg with the oil filter adapter that has the thermostat.

I think it is a good idea to open up your air pump so she can breath easier. AC kit and freer flowing exhaust cans are a first step. But more air means fuel must be adjusted. Add a fueler to your mix. Check out the info in Self-help on the TFI as a user-friendly option.

See ya round.

TQ

Thanks everyone for the tips! I will start looking for the Jagg cooler and SE AC kit.

TQ, I'm not too far from you, Northwest Harris County around 290 and Telge rd. Saturday I took a little ride out to Brookshire on the old Hempstead Hwy.....great ride!

Back