free website stats program Questions for a used bike purchase! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Questions for a used bike purchase!

05's had some issues with bad valve guides. Rapid oil consumption and fouling plugs. Be sure to check that out.

Wow,thanx for all the replies. Well the bike is for my brother and what we found out was that the dealer just put about $1,500 in parts on the bike,they replaced the front fork lowers(because of the rock dings and such,We live in Az.) they repainted the front fender(because of chips in paint) They put a new clutch cable on it and replaced the rear rocker box gaskets. It has two brand new Dunlops on it already has the taller handlebars and they gave him a three year factory warranty with it that even includes road hazard warranty on the tires. He paid 11,900 for it.According to the dealer Buddy Stubbs they do open up the primary cover and inspect but not the cam chest (I Know) but claim the warranty is the same as if new and if anything gernades int the motor as a result of mechanical failure it will be replaced.

So once again thanx for your help fellas, ride safe.

Wow,thanx for all the replies. Well the bike is for my brother and what we found out was that the dealer just put about $1,500 in parts on the bike,they replaced the front fork lowers(because of the rock dings and such,We live in Az.) they repainted the front fender(because of chips in paint) They put a new clutch cable on it and replaced the rear rocker box gaskets. It has two brand new Dunlops on it already has the taller handlebars and they gave him a three year factory warranty with it that even includes road hazard warranty on the tires. He paid 11,900 for it.According to the dealer Buddy Stubbs they do open up the primary cover and inspect but not the cam chest (I Know) but claim the warranty is the same as if new and if anything gernades int the motor as a result of mechanical failure it will be replaced.

So once again thanx for your help fellas, ride safe.

Ride it like he stole it, sounds like a great deal:s

Good for him, i hope he has many trouble free miles ahead !!!

have him sign up as a member to share his experiences...if his not already onboard

wonder if you could contact the pevious owner and ask whay he traded it or if there were any problems that occured while he had it?

9. Does it decel pop when you ride it? what does it mean "Decel Pop" i cant remember if it is second or third gear that i get a "pop" when i decel>

9. Does it decel pop when you ride it? what does it mean "Decel Pop" i cant remember if it is second or third gear that i get a "pop" when i decel>

Oh yea, I get the pop.. Not too bad but my 89 never said a word so its a bit annoying. I believe I did the Honorable thing and sold my old scoot { 89 elec.} to a Disabled Vet on the Ole " No Moneys Down " Payment plan. I really Love the 88 inch and sure can tell its closer to this Century's Technology ! I've already told myself that I wont let it ruin a 25 year friendship if any thing went wrong. BESIDES what could possibly go wrong on the Ole Buddy Hand shake type of deal ? l.o.l...

Purchasing a used bike for me is a different experience than most, my concern is the frame since it will be converted to a trike. I normally like to buy from an owner and I like to see manitenance records. I can also haggle over the price with an owner, especially when I offer them cash.

Purchasing a used bike for me is a different experience than most, my concern is the frame since it will be converted to a trike. I normally like to buy from an owner and I like to see manitenance records. I can also haggle over the price with an owner, especially when I offer them cash.

Cash you have cash LOL:s

Back