free website stats program Questions about wind deflectors | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Questions about wind deflectors

WOW, Now you're talking.

Much better!

flstlowers.jpg

I bought the Kuryakyn deflectors shown in the picture, and frankly I'm disappointed. I waited 8 months for them to come off backorder, and when I finally got them and installed them, I was underwhelmed. Quite honestly, I can hardly tell the difference. There is probably a little less wind, but not to where it makes much difference (to me, your mileage may vary). I don't think they were worth the money.

I have a Electra Glide for me they are worth there weight in gold. Put them on and a good windsheild, and the wind deflectors on the bottom of the bat wing, you can ride comfortly year round (in Kentucky)

I've got them on my Heritage also. Really like them. Have run it with and without. Much better with. Looks better too. Only problem is more chrome to remove the bugs from.

They do take a lot of bug hits, but they're easier to clean than what's behind them.

I just put a pair on my 05 Heritage and they are doing exactly what I wanted them to do. Went to Zanotti Motor Co and picked them up. They sold them to me at the online price which was very good of them.

Here is my question, the wind is calm around my head, eyes, and most important to me my ears. With the change in wind flow I notice more heat around my thighs. All the post I have read claim the air flow to the engine is not restricted so the heat must be just a change in air flow....so has anyone used the wind deflectors (PN 58125-90B) with a saddle shield heat deflector like the "No More Fried Thights" type. And what are the thoughts on air flow to the engine with a set up like that.

Thanks

Back