free website stats program Questions about back-firing and popping | Harley Davidson Forums

Questions about back-firing and popping

Traded my 05 FLHRC in on a new 11 FLHX 103, really didn’t like the sound of the stock exhaust so bought V&H true duals, Arlen Ness stage 1 big sucker, and Python 3 1/2” slip-ons. Dealership said I’d have to get the super tuner so I did. Dealer installed everything and dyno’d it. When I’m at low speed (2nd gear under 25mph) and shift up to 3rd BANG, she back fires. Also on occasion it will POP a little from 3rd to 4th gear (3000 to 3200 rpm). Likewise occasionally I’ll get some de-cel popping.
I’m very use to carbs but know NOTHING about fuel injection to try and start adjusting this. Where should I go, back to the dealer??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Being the dealer installed everything, I would go back and let them correct it. If you try anything, they will try to say you did it.

Thanks Glider, I'm begining to wonder about this dealer, new to my area, using a new dealer (new to me), I guess I'll check around with some of the other riders I've met here and see what they have to say. Ride Safe

Possible they just installed a canned map for the tuner and gave you the bill. Ask for a copy of the dyno run, it should be on file.:s

Back to the Dealer, if installed and dyno done right it should be good to go

Back to the Dealer, if installed and dyno done right it should be good to go

EXACTLY SO....

You paid for the "set-up" and sounds like they fell short..:newsmile093:

Give them a chance to get it right... :newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

Well after speaking to several other riders I've met, and asking the 5 questions, thanks Glider, I'm going to a different shop (good thing is this shop spoke to them so it'll be no charge). Oh, Glider, the first words out of their mouth was "What did you do to it". Thanks for the help everyone.

Well after speaking to several other riders I've met, and asking the 5 questions, thanks Glider, I'm going to a different shop (good thing is this shop spoke to them so it'll be no charge). Oh, Glider, the first words out of their mouth was "What did you do to it". Thanks for the help everyone.

Good deal. I think from what you posted that the canned map was a good possibility.:s

Hard to find a dealer that is honest let alone truthful.

Back