free website stats program questions about a sportster 1200 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

questions about a sportster 1200

If you have your heart set on the Nightster then you should consider the Sundowner seat and a backrest which would add comfort for you and your passenger. Also, the Mustang seats are good for a few hours in the saddle. You would want to consider better suspension as well. Progressive 412's in the rear and Progressive fork springs in the front will give you better handling and comfort, especially for 2up riding. Those mods alone will cost about six bills or so, but if you insist on ANY Sportster then they really are kind of a necessity.

I have a 2005 883 Sportster and a 2003 HSTC. The sportser is a great bike for quick trips around town and the occasional long ride. I am 5'10" and it was a little uncomfortable to ride when I first bought it. Seems you have to really lean forward to the bars. I also didn't care much for the mid controls and went with forward controls. Because of the reach to the handle bars, I changed the stock bars out to 12" mini apes with a 4" riser and 2.5" pullback. Hadn't looked back. It was just what it needed. By comparison to the Heritage, there is none. I love my Heritage and ride it most of the time but, when I want to really go fast and lean it into the curves, I go with my Sporty. Good Luck!

Jim

Back