free website stats program Questionable Battery? | Harley Davidson Forums

Questionable Battery?

fpd4308

So I put a new bat in when I built my bike a couple months ago. Last few days, every morning it wont quite crank the motor. 15 minutes on the battery tender and it starts right up. All day long starts no problem. I am going to throw a volt meter on it here shortly but seems a bit unusual to me. Anyone else?

seems a bit unusual to me. Anyone else?

Sure sounds unusual to me. Can be 1 of several things. Maybe even a parasitic battery drain that you can check real easy with an amp-meter. You should not have more than 100ma of parasitic drain.

Sure sounds unusual to me. Can be 1 of several things. Maybe even a parasitic battery drain that you can check real easy with an amp-meter. You should not have more than 100ma of parasitic drain.

I would go with this Hoople is the man with Electricity, a fully charged battery should read at least 12.6 volts :s

Why not disconnect the battery one night to see if it starts in the AM. It would eliminate any draw from the bike doing it this way. You will know if it's the battery without a load test.

Why not disconnect the battery one night to see if it starts in the AM. It would eliminate any draw from the bike doing it this way. You will know if it's the battery without a load test.

Thanks Glider I will do that tonight.

Doug

So I put a new bat in when I built my bike a couple months ago. Last few days, every morning it wont quite crank the motor. 15 minutes on the battery tender and it starts right up. All day long starts no problem. I am going to throw a volt meter on it here shortly but seems a bit unusual to me. Anyone else?

if it ain't a HD battery, better get one. Check out other threds but
aftermarket batteries can be traced back to lots of electrical problems. My indy guy will not put on anythind but HD.

Back