free website stats program Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Question

Kyle Wyant

I'M looking to get a different bike then what I have now. I came across an 07 883 sportster. The guy is asking 3000 for it. It have 5300 miles and looks likes it is great shape. My question is, is that a decent price for the bike and should I grab it before it is gone?

I don't think they get much cheaper than that,still I'd have someone check it out,or at least,take it thru the paces on a good test ride.I had an 07 883.Brand new it was around 7 grand,but I had 5300 miles on it within a few months.My biggest worry with that bike is why didn't anyone ride it,and what can happen to it from just sitting around for 10 yearstmpphpyu1Gjt.jpg

Thanks for the response. It hasn't sat. The guy just doesn't have the time to ride it much. He had it in for its 5000 mile service this past September. It has always kept in a heated garage.

Sounds like a gem.Blue book is 4 grand retail,2900 trade value.Not including those low miles.Go ahead and start breaking it in!

Last edited:
10 years old with 5300 miles.If You see no leaks,it is a good deal at $3K.Just be prepared to replace tires that are likely 10 years old.I would do that first thing.530 miles average per year is way low mileage.So ,You have to believe that it sat for most of the year.

That's a good price on that bike. Many, many Harleys are bought on impulse, peer pressure or mid life crisis, then the buyers realize that motorcycling is not for them, and the bike does not get used. Check out the rubber parts on the bike, ozone takes a toll. At minimum, I would put new tires on if it still has the originals.

I would get a VIN report on the bike. At least confirm the mileage and if it had ever been in an accident. Cheap assurance.

That's a steal. You'll never lose money on that bike. With proper maintenance that sportster will last a very long time.

Mine had the clutch and basket destroyed at 23k.And I don't abuse my machines.Dealer wanted $1100 to fix,I screamed for a few days and got it down to $700,they aren't indestructible.

Back