free website stats program Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Question

CROSS

Was wondering i was gonna put some 10:1 pistons and a andrews ev 27 cam in over the winter in a stock evo , currently i am running a thunderheader exhaust and a s&s super e carb how much more power would i get roughly with these engine mods ? Thanks

I was just gonna add in some upgraded cylinder studs so i dont blow the gaskets , would this work ?

Thankyou id say you just saved me a few bucks , ill just go with the Cam and pushrods ,, just out of curiosity though what would i be lookin at for hp gains if i did the pistons as well Ball park it

I ran Wiseco 10.5/1 w/ the EV27 cam, Screamin' Eagle heads and SuperTrapp 2 into 1 on my '97 Heritage and the power was awesome (for an 80CID). The EV27 is a good cam for low to midrange power but does drop off up high. The EV46 is a better choice if you want mid to top RPM power.

I put that same cam in my '97 Heritage and must say I LOVE IT!!!! It really put the power where you use it. I woke my Heritage up big time!!! While your at it make sure you replace that stock cam bearing with a torrington bearing!!!!

Great info , just what i was lookin for thanks for the tips as well , ill let ya know what i came up with , i really wanna give a few twin cams a look at my rear fender :D:D:D

Was wondering i was gonna put some 10:1 pistons and a andrews ev 27 cam in over the winter in a stock evo , currently i am running a thunderheader exhaust and a s&s super e carb how much more power would i get roughly with these engine mods ? Thanks

Are you going to race CrotchRockets? :D

Back