free website stats program Question????? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question?????

Dual discs for the 06 and up Dynas have been in high demand and Harley has yet to answer the call, except on the 08 and up FXDF.

A guy named Howard Messner , has done this conversion on a Street Bob successfully and done it right. He basically accomplished this by using the sliders from a VROD, which has 49mm tubes. He had to do some machine work and modify the damper and other internals.

The fact you want to do this on a Wide Glide complicates your task. The Fat Bob sliders are not a direct swap on your application. You have a 1" axle, where the Fat Bobs have a 25mm axle. This would mean the sliders, new axles, and new bearings. Then you have to deal with the calipers. The Fat Bob uses a different left side caliper, so you would have to purchase both, plus the lines, plus a new master cylinder.

Good luck and happy pocket digging. This is gonna get expensive.

I wonder if I could take a complete front end of FXDF and mount it on the WG frame...

I wonder if I could take a complete front end of FXDF and mount it on the WG frame...

Still some expensive issues to over come. Your wheel is not set up to accept the right side rotor. You would have to use your old trees or you will lose 2 degrees of rake. Then you still have the axle size issues which will require new bearings and axle.

Back