free website stats program Question????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Question?????

formike56

Question #1 What bike in the Dyna family run dual disc brake on the front?
Question #2 Will it fit on a 2007 Wide Glide?
If I recall there is a thread on this forum about Install dual disc brakes on a Wide Glide.

The lowrider of about 2000 had a dual disc setup but it will not fit the WG. Different size fork tubes. The baggers have the same diameter tubes as the WG (49MM) on the pre 2007 bikes.

I though that I saw somewhere it was done.... If the Baggers have the same forks 49m is it possible to do a swap? Are the lowers the same length as the WG?

Thanks again Glider & Lew for getting back with me.

I saw a Fat Bob at the dealer last night. It had the 49mm forks with dual disc set up. Now all I need is a little more $$$$$$.

Good choice for adding more stopping power. Dual front disc brakes was one of the reasons why I got my Sporty Roadster, two finger squeeze is all you need and HD no longer makes it for 2009.:(

i think your right its just that when they went 49mm is when they started to appeal due to the look and i always wanted the Bob from day 1 but i love sportsters and the Bob is a bigger sportster :D

Fat Bob = Sportster on Steroids

Dual discs for the 06 and up Dynas have been in high demand and Harley has yet to answer the call, except on the 08 and up FXDF.

A guy named Howard Messner , has done this conversion on a Street Bob successfully and done it right. He basically accomplished this by using the sliders from a VROD, which has 49mm tubes. He had to do some machine work and modify the damper and other internals.

The fact you want to do this on a Wide Glide complicates your task. The Fat Bob sliders are not a direct swap on your application. You have a 1" axle, where the Fat Bobs have a 25mm axle. This would mean the sliders, new axles, and new bearings. Then you have to deal with the calipers. The Fat Bob uses a different left side caliper, so you would have to purchase both, plus the lines, plus a new master cylinder.

Good luck and happy pocket digging. This is gonna get expensive.

Back