free website stats program question on pipes? | Harley Davidson Forums

question on pipes?

I'm looking at possibly putting on some vance and hines oval slip ons.The question is,will I get some popping if I don't remap and if I don't, will my air/fuel mix be right?It's also been suggested that I change the air filter. Any comments?

If all you are doing is replacing the slip-ons, you shouldn't need a re-map. However, if you also add an air cleaner upgrade you will need to re-map.

I had some occassional popping during downshifting when I first added by V&H Ovals, But when I added my V&H Dresser Duals, I also added the PCIII tuner and I don't have any popping anymore!

You'll love the Ovals!!!

Thanks for the tip, glad you like the ovals.I've been looking for the right pipe and the sound and build quality sounds and looks great.

Thanks for the tip, glad you like the ovals.I've been looking for the right pipe and the sound and build quality sounds and looks great.

There are a lot of excellent sounding exhaust systems on the market. Finding the look, and especially the sound, that you want is quite a challenge! I am very pleased w/ my V&H set-up. The quality and fitment is EXCELLENT!

Let us know how you like them!!

Back