free website stats program Question on Key FOB (FLHTK) | Harley Davidson Forums

Question on Key FOB (FLHTK)

dolce

I have a 2011 FLHTK Ultra Limited that I've been riding now for almost a year. When I first got it the FOB worked as it should, by that I mean if I stood it up without the fob the lights would flash and all that. Recently I was in the garage and without thinking I got on the bike to move it, stood it up, started it and pulled it out of the garage. Then I remember the FOB is deep within the house and it should never have started... Not sure what the issue is.. I did take it for some work at the dealer a few months back so I'm wondering if they overrode the alarm and forgot to reset it? Anything else it could be? I'll need to get the manual out to see if there is a setting and how to reset it but thought I'd try the lazy way first.

That can't happen unless there is some why the dealer could disable the security system and leave it disabled. Better check with them and have it fixed.

The only alarm bypass that I'm aware of is "transport" mode that keeps lights and siren (if equipped) from flashing when trailering. The bike won't start in transport mode, I just tried it. Is there any possibility the extra fob is in a saddlebag? Let us know what you find out.

I may have figured this out with your help guys. My wife and I recently moved and all of our belongings are in boxes. The spare fob is in one of these boxes and the boxes are all in the garage. The bike and the fob are within 10 feet of one another. Jeesh, that had me baffled. I completely forgot about the spare fob. I'm such a dork.
WAP.gif

At least you have one of the "new" ones! Those of us with "old" ones have to click it all the time to arm and disarm! And I always arm the system in the garage so I won't ride off without the fob.

Back