question on a 2007 electraglide classic

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by marcus22, Jun 3, 2010.

1. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

I have a friend that is intrested in a new/used bike. its a 2007 electraglide classic with 34,000 miles. are there any issues with this model and/or would there be any major fixes to look into before buying this bike.

thanks for the input.

Marcus

2. menmia

menmia Member

I have a 2007 Ultra Classic with ~30,000 miles. While I have not had it that long, I did some research and found that the 2007 seemed to have very few problems overall. It is the last one before throttle by wire and 6 gallon tanks, but the first with the 96" engine. Again, I am quite happy with mine and have only heard good things about the 2007s mechanically.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Should be a good buy, can you get the service history? you can go to the MOCO website and put the vin number in also:D

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

There's some reports of excessive crank run out on them. And some have an annoying whine in 5th gear that may or may not disappear with a quality synthetic trans lube. Luckily, mine does not whine. They run hot, but that seems to be more of a comfort problem more than reliability. I keep track of the ones that do get sold on e-bay, and less than 10k miles usually go for
    less than $15K.

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

The 2007 touring bikes had a clatter in the drive train and the 08 bikes came with the IDS from the factory. The IDS system installed takes care of the noise on the 07 bikes.

IDS Drive System - Harley Davidson Community

6. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

I have the 2007 Classic with 20k and have not had any problem other than the noisy 5th gear that Spectro took care of. I love the bike and would recommend the model and year. Price wise for that milage I would not go beyond 14k and it would have to be sound.

7. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

thank you all for the quick replies. I think my friend is impressed with the web site. if and when he buys one Im shure he will become a member

8. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Jack, can you please elaborate on this a little -- go to the MOCO website - you mean the Harley Davidson website or is there another? If so, where do I put in my vin number for maintenance history?

Bill

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

10. nvsteve

nvsteve Member

Not all 07s have the whine anad clatter. 2 friends and I don't have any noises. Many do tho.