free website stats program question on a 2007 electraglide classic | Harley Davidson Forums

question on a 2007 electraglide classic

marcus22

I have a friend that is intrested in a new/used bike. its a 2007 electraglide classic with 34,000 miles. are there any issues with this model and/or would there be any major fixes to look into before buying this bike.

thanks for the input.

Marcus

I have a 2007 Ultra Classic with ~30,000 miles. While I have not had it that long, I did some research and found that the 2007 seemed to have very few problems overall. It is the last one before throttle by wire and 6 gallon tanks, but the first with the 96" engine. Again, I am quite happy with mine and have only heard good things about the 2007s mechanically.

Should be a good buy, can you get the service history? you can go to the MOCO website and put the vin number in also:D

There's some reports of excessive crank run out on them. And some have an annoying whine in 5th gear that may or may not disappear with a quality synthetic trans lube. Luckily, mine does not whine. They run hot, but that seems to be more of a comfort problem more than reliability. I keep track of the ones that do get sold on e-bay, and less than 10k miles usually go for
less than $15K.

I have the 2007 Classic with 20k and have not had any problem other than the noisy 5th gear that Spectro took care of. I love the bike and would recommend the model and year. Price wise for that milage I would not go beyond 14k and it would have to be sound.

thank you all for the quick replies. I think my friend is impressed with the web site. if and when he buys one Im shure he will become a member

Should be a good buy, can you get the service history? you can go to the MOCO website and put the vin number in also:D
Jack, can you please elaborate on this a little -- go to the MOCO website - you mean the Harley Davidson website or is there another? If so, where do I put in my vin number for maintenance history?

Bill

Back