free website stats program Question on 91 ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Question on 91 ultra

mwarmack1

Hello All, I have a 1991 Ultra 27k miles, stock. The question I have is I have some SE slip on mufflers coming for it, is there anything I need to do once I put them on the bike? Thank you for your help on this.

Install then take it for a spin. you may need to move up your needle a spot or 2 + main jet 1 size larger..you ll know this by how it feels w/ ridding. if u had free flowing ex before u may need 2 do nothing

Hello All, I have a 1991 Ultra 27k miles, stock. The question I have is I have some SE slip on mufflers coming for it, is there anything I need to do once I put them on the bike? Thank you for your help on this.

Have you done anything about the breather side? If that is still stock, you might get away with changing out the cans without having to retune the carb other than maybe a little tweak on the idle mixture screw.

But having said all that, if you haven't already, why not consider a full Stage 1 with the new cans and a freer flowing AC setup? The SE air cleaner kits are a good option. With these two changes, you will likely have to increase the slow speed jet to a #46, and the high speed to a 185 or so (assuming you have the Keihin CV40). Check these out on tuning your carb:

*Twin Cam CV Carb Rejet Suggestions - Harley Davidson Community
CV Carburetor Jet Adjustment/Trouble Shooting - Harley Davidson Community
CV Carb Rejet Pics - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

You might want to consider using a little Anti-Seize at the junction to make it easier to remove the muffler at a later date.

Back