free website stats program Question on 2008 Ultra service manual | Harley Davidson Forums

Question on 2008 Ultra service manual

trvlr

Getting ready to go look at a used factory SM for my 08 Ultra. The person I'm talking to says that the manual cover states "2008 Touring Models" and that it covers many of the 2008 touring line, including my Ultra Classic, but the cover doesn't specifically say its a service manual for a 2008 Ultra.

Is this correct and should be OK if I buy this? thanks

What is the publication number of the manual. Bottom right hand corner of cover.
You need 99483-08

Don't know Hoople... I can probably call the guy back and get that. Should I? For what reason?

EDIT - just called him back and it's the 99483-08 number...So should be good me thinks...thanks

The guy's wanting $40 for it - so that outta save me $20 or so... I hate being part of the unemployed ranks lol

Don't know Hoople... I can probably call the guy back and get that. Should I? For what reason?

Might be worth the call. No clymers manuals or cheap immitations, just the HD book that Hoop mentioned.

Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

spacer_cccccc_1a21e.gif
99483-08
hd_spacer_e204.gif

Service Manual
hd_spacer_e204.gif

'08 Touring Models.
hd_spacer_e204.gif

MSRP US $60.00

Last edited:
No special reason. I am "part number" kind of person. If the part number matches, I know it WILL fit. :p

EDIT - just called him back and it's the 99483-08 number...So should be good me thinks...thanks

The guy's wanting $40 for it - so that outta save me $20 or so... I hate being part of the unemployed ranks lol

If you are on a budget, and don't mind the inconvenience, a CD version is certainly more economical to "tide you over" for about $8...just a thought, but your $40 manual is a good buy for the genuine article.

http://www.tradebit.com/filesharing.php/search/0/harley/0/1

I thought about that NewHD - but I like having the original bounded shop manual...Like smearing my greasy paws over it as makes me feel like Tim the Toolman lol - but appreciate that suggestion -

Wow Great link NewHD. Tons of great info for cheap. I no longer have an excuse for being uneducated. :p:p

Back