Question for those that lowered their bike

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by amckay63, Feb 18, 2009.

1. amckay63

amckay63 Member

Did you have to do anything to the jiffy stand? It just seems to me that if you lower the bike, you would change the angle on the stand. I'm thinking about lowering my RG and want to get all the right parts before I start.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. sparky82

sparky82 Member

I installed lower rear shocks on my 2009 RK and did not have to anything with the jiffy stand.

3. amckay63

amckay63 Member

Thanks

4. amckay63

amckay63 Member

Thanks Lew!

5. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

My '03 UC is lowered front and rear (HD shorter air shocks). Have stock jiffy on it with NO canting plate. As Lew said above, I watch where I park it. Takes a little more than a 2x4 laying flat to bring the bike to almost level.

TQ

6. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Active Member

No Change when I lowered my rear shocks 3/4 inch as HD states I did have issues with my Center stand even thow I ordered the one for lower kit suspention On certain area's I need a my home made plank wedged between the rear tire & asphalt to get off the center stand If I do not wedge the rear tire I sit their all day spinning the rear and unable to get the bike off the center stand unless I get off the bike and push it off

BuffaloBILL

7. amckay63

amckay63 Member

Thanks all! I will not lose any sleep at night after you guys waded in.

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Personal preference really, as the angle of the parked bike on jiffy stand does lean a little differently, and yes there are nice aftermarket chrome ones (or black ones) to fit if you choose.