free website stats program Question for those that lowered their bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Question for those that lowered their bike

amckay63

Did you have to do anything to the jiffy stand? It just seems to me that if you lower the bike, you would change the angle on the stand. I'm thinking about lowering my RG and want to get all the right parts before I start.

Thanks,
Adam

When I lowered my '04 Ultra, I used some of the 3 position brackets that are cheap on eBay. Even at the lowest setting, my kickstand was fine. It wasn't as tolerant of inclines, so I paid more attention to that when I parked.

That said, I want to say what I always say when I mention these brackets. I only used them to cheaply test how I liked my bike lowered. If I hadn't traded the bike, I would have had my shocks shortened.

Thanks Lew!

My '03 UC is lowered front and rear (HD shorter air shocks). Have stock jiffy on it with NO canting plate. As Lew said above, I watch where I park it. Takes a little more than a 2x4 laying flat to bring the bike to almost level.

TQ

No Change when I lowered my rear shocks 3/4 inch as HD states I did have issues with my Center stand even thow I ordered the one for lower kit suspention On certain area's I need a my home made plank wedged between the rear tire & asphalt to get off the center stand If I do not wedge the rear tire I sit their all day spinning the rear and unable to get the bike off the center stand unless I get off the bike and push it off

BuffaloBILL

Personal preference really, as the angle of the parked bike on jiffy stand does lean a little differently, and yes there are nice aftermarket chrome ones (or black ones) to fit if you choose.

Back