free website stats program question for Ga M/C license holders.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

question for Ga M/C license holders..

Status
Not open for further replies.
they told me it was due to my USAA discount but ya that figures, i didn't call and ask before i took the course I just assumed lol :small3d023:, oh well they told me the were maybe planning one in the future and would notate my account, I doubt anythings going to come of it but the class was still useful to me to a point, boring as ever but some useful parts

well weather wise looks like I might not be taking the test this thurs after all...darn rain messing me up and the might rain/ might not rain clouds are cutting into my practice riding time too.

well weather wise looks like I might not be taking the test this thurs after all...darn rain messing me up and the might rain/ might not rain clouds are cutting into my practice riding time too.

I'd be sure to call them and ask about their weather policy. Hate to assume your test was cancelled due to a little rain and then get charged for a no-show.

You may have to do a low speed run. All this is is that you start off and when you come to a mark slow down and maintain 10-15 mph until you reach another mark. This is supposed to demonstrate low speed handling and the ability to maintain a straight line without excessive weaving at low speeds. The examiner may also require you to demonstrate proper braking technique by riding pass him/her and applying the brakes.

well I guess I will find out tomarrow! man I am nervous about the test but not as much as I thought I would be. Over the last few days I have been feeling more confident in my riding skills and cornering in particular.
My dad took his permit test yesterday and at 66 he was not very computer oriented and he failed the test due to aggravation. The DMS workers gave him the wrong test and let him do the car test and then told him to take the motorcycle test and he was very irritated and embarased at that point and he rushed through the test not reading the questions clearly and missed 5 out of 20. he went to re-take it this morning so I will find out how he did in an hour or so. i have my fingers crossed for him.:D

He passed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am more afraid at this point of dumping a new bike than failing the test. I figure if I fail I can retake the test , but if I drop the bike I need new paint and possibly bodywork.

Remember, you'll be going very slow, so if you have to, you'll likely be able to catch yourself, what does that bike way, 450 LBS or so?. Might want to get an engine guard though. Some will wrap the bottom of the engine guard with fire hose, or hunks of an old tire, and hose clamps while practicing, then if you go down at low speed , nothing should get damaged.
Not sure if they do it in GA. but up here there are private testing companies that have small bikes like 125cc dirt bikes, some even have mopeds, for an extra $20 you can rent theirs for the test. Might be worth calling around for. I'd definately STRONGLY recommend the BRC, the test for that course is much harder than the Mi. test, and they prepare you well for their test.

The U-Turns and such are no big deal, you can, albeit not cool looking, always make a Y turn, I'm more concerned with you being able to avoid an obstical, or and accident then looking smooth.

I am hopefull I will have no problems with the exam as I feel pretty capable at this point.
The only thing I think I will have a problem with is my being anxious and nervous. I may borrow my sons training wheels for the test hahahha!:rofl

Yeah, I did like 50 Uturns, and 50 figure 8's no problem, then 10 minutes later for the test, I put my foot down and lost 2 points! Still passed though ;)

well I passed with only one point off for putting my foot down on a slow 90 degree turn.
the examiner said he hadn't given out that high of a score on a driving test in a long time and was
surprised I had only logged 520 miles on a street bike total.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back