free website stats program Question for cleaning guru's.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Question for cleaning guru's..

pookibr

My nephew cleaned up hubbys fatboy and there is a streak of black about 4" long on his rear aluminum rim that he couldnt get off. Do you know what might take this off. He said he rubbed & rubbed but it wouldnt budge. I dont know what it is from. Maybe exhaust????

Try Simple Green. There's a recent post telling us all about the new Simple Blue that is made for aluminum. It's Simpley Amazing.

Never Dull will get it off. If it is from a dog or cat urine though, the streak might not be as shiney as the rest of the rim. Urine will dull the finish a bit.

Id ask your nephew what he used to clean the rims?I am in an industry that forces me to use many automotive chemicals daily.
We use laquer thinner to clean our spray guns yet it wont touche simple tape residue.
We spray all vehicles with a spray mask to protect against overspray, the only product that works well to remove it is water {go figure}.
Odds are whatever he used to cause the streek will take it right off.

Id ask your nephew what he used to clean the rims?I am in an industry that forces me to use many automotive chemicals daily.
We use laquer thinner to clean our spray guns yet it wont touche simple tape residue.
We spray all vehicles with a spray mask to protect against overspray, the only product that works well to remove it is water {go figure}.
Odds are whatever he used to cause the streek will take it right off.

I will ask him. I know he has a harley too so he may have "Mothers" I am going to try the magic eraser too. I think I have one.

Well, magic eraser didnt work. Hubby said it is from his exhaust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back