free website stats program Question for Americans (I see quite a few around here...) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question for Americans (I see quite a few around here...)

You making fun of my topper there... signed....BUBBIE?:D

tn241s3.jpg

That LOOKS much nicer than the one I Remember......

Nice to see a up-dated good condition one.... The youngsters think we're kidding about this Glider, but I thought of all people, YOU would have a bike like this!!

signed....BUBBIE :D

I tend to agree with most of the thoughts above. But as is always noted to each their own.

My father always wanted a motorcycle in the past, but as he get older he became more nervous about trying it out. One thing he said, if it came in an automatic, I would probably go for it. I tried to convince him that it was not hard, but he already had his mind set at that point.

I think the automatic would be a nice option and as it would probably help to get more into this wonderful activity, as well as keep some going without the need for a trike.

From my standpoint, I like the manual, and drive a manual car as well, which I would probably keep forever, if it was not for my wife wanting to be able to drive my car when I have my bike (as a result the next car will be an automatic on my side of the garage)

In synopsis, I think this would be a welcomed option on the bikes.

Like many others, my personal preference is to remain manual all the way. Now with my war department, She would love this and this be one of the only ways I see her operating her own scoot at this time, unless it was a trike.

Putting an Automatic in a bike or car makes it more like an appliance and less like a machine. The general American population either thinks of their auto as a mobility appliance or at most something to be seen in. Driving skill is no longer a priority here in the states. Both of my SUVs are autos because my wife never learned to drive a manual. I actually bought her a Ridley a few years ago so she could try riding a motorcycle, but she decided to ride on back with me. I can appriciate an automatic gearbox on a bike to an extent, but I do enjoy the selecting the gears on my own when I want to ride a bit harder than normal.

Automatic equipped scoots will be inevitable because of the number of people who've never experienced driving a manual shift vehicle. Of my three daughters, only the youngest learned how to drive on a manual mostly by peer pressure.

To me, automatics are for commuters and manuals are for drivers. I've tried both and by far a manual equiped vehicle is more interesting to drive. They are harder to find used since drivers tend to keep them longer.

Maybe when I'm older and have trouble shifting, I'd consider an automatic motorcycle.

Think about this!

People who Drive a standard tranny vehicle and can Properly clutch, shift the vehicle they drive, are by far better in the UNDERSTANDING How mechanical things Work.. They are probably more apt to change their own oil and do their own tune-ups on their rigs....

How many riders here do JUST THAT?,,,, OR are learning HOW.... Haven't heard of an automatic harley in the Modern day of things.. Stick shifts MUST be More popular with OUR group?

signed....BUBBIE :newsmile075:

Growing up I always wanted a m/c but the thought of mastering the sequence of throttle down, engage clutch and shift at the right moment was daunting, however mastering that sequence was what attracted me the most to riding a m/c, to me the shifting aspect of riding is up there with feeling the wind in you face and the feeling of freedom you have full control of the machine not the other way around. for that I don't see myself riding an automatic.
JMO.

Back