free website stats program Question concerning ATF in the Primary Gllider and some of the more knowledgeable please respond | Harley Davidson Forums

Question concerning ATF in the Primary Gllider and some of the more knowledgeable please respond

Haywire

I was reading on another site(I know thats bad:p) and there were a number of people claiming that ATF (dextron II and III) in the primary was working great and that clutch performance was very good.
I am not the most knowledgeable:( when it comes to this stuff but always thought ATF was for automatic trannies.
Can those that know enlighten me as to if this is bull or???

Great hydralic fluid for jacks and power steering pumps I dont know if I would want it in my primary it is meant for wet clutches in automatic transmisions keep in mind it is also under pressure in an automatic transmision and needs to be cooled

Great for clutch plates.. but doesnt hang on the chain enough or lube the comp enough .. wont stick .. to the parts

Thanks for the quick response guys.
I have already ordered some Spectro HD Primary Chaincase Oil based on the info I have received on this site but when reading this other info was wondering if I had made the right choice.

I was reading on another site(I know thats bad:p) and there were a number of people claiming that ATF (dextron II and III) in the primary was working great and that clutch performance was very good.
I am not the most knowledgeable:( when it comes to this stuff but always thought ATF was for automatic trannies.
Can those that know enlighten me as to if this is bull or???

If it was a good thing, the manual would say you can use it. You can put cooking oil in there too but why would you. ATF stands for Automatic transmission fluid, is yours an automatic?
Different properties between the two.Would you use fork oil in the engine?

are you talking about a cage????
yep all front wheel drive or all wheel drive have chains and wet clutches..

one other reason atf isnt best in primary in a auto trans it is pumped over pressure.. in Hog its a sling lube not a pump

It sure would make for an interesting experiment just to see what would happen. I wish you could get an HONEST answer on how well it worked from people using it in their primary, but you never would.

Hoop!

It sure would make for an interesting experiment just to see what would happen. I wish you could get an HONEST answer on how well it worked from people using it in their primary, but you never would.

Hoop!

The clutch release and engage would be excellent but its other stuff that has problems

Back