free website stats program Question about Vance and Hines | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about Vance and Hines

anjumkha

I have a 2007 FLHT.
I installed VH twin slash pipes yesterday. The pipes sound great but they backfire - "pop".

The baffle is 1.75"

Is this bad for the bike? The Harley dealership sold me the pipe saying that this is the right pipe for the bike.

M K

Is that all you had done? It sounds like air fuel needs to be adjusted.
Probably way to lean now. Just a thought

I agree with wizard sounds like a fuel/air mixture. I know that I have to re tune my fuel tuner when it gets warm out. I usually program it in March when the weather is still chilly but by summer time it needs to be redone or I too get a lot of popping.

Low restriction pipes or mufflers will usual pop to some extent. It's the nature of the beast. With less restriction, you will hear it more than the stock mufflers. If you follow a bike with stock exhaust and watch inside the mufflers on decel, you'll see a blue flame at the point where you will hear a pop on your system. That's when you hear the pop on decel but the construction of the stock mufflers mute it to a point of almost not hearing it.

Check your connections on the system for loose connections especially at the head of the pipe where it joins on to the cylinder.

I agree with wizard sounds like a fuel/air mixture. I know that I have to re tune my fuel tuner when it gets warm out. I usually program it in March when the weather is still chilly but by summer time it needs to be redone or I too get a lot of popping.

Is there an instrument that can help the mixture problem?

The dealership is asking for something called a dyna check and something else. This is supposed to cost more than 450.

M Khan

Is there an instrument that can help the mixture problem?

The dealership is asking for something called a dyna check and something else. This is supposed to cost more than 450.

M Khan

As far as the mixture problem, all you need for a street ridden bike is a bit more fuel. I have used the TFI for doing that many times over and had excellent results.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

There's a lot of input in this section on tuners as well as the TFI. It's a plug and play setup that is very easy to install and set up with no dyno time needed .

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

I strongly support the use of Dobecks Performance products "TFI" really works well on MANY bikes that use them here on HDT.com...

There is a discount offered to our members and free shipping... other discounts IF you qualify, like; armed services or police etc.. check with them when you order. Ask; Dobecks, 877-764-3337 or Chris; 406-388-2377

I have really enjoyed the performance gain and Lack of riding a Too Lean Harley.. Due to their (HD) & EPA standards and MY modifications , full stage one, TFI
easy to install and set..

signed....BUBBIE

As the boys have said,, the TFI solved my problem ,,, it will help you too.. its the best mod that you will do to the bike....

If your bike is stock and you just did the exhaust the computer should adjust and you should not have a popping issue. When I got my bike I put V&H true duels on without doing anything else to the bike and it ran just fine with no popping from the exhaust on decel. If you had the stage 1 air intake done along with the exhaust then you would need a EFI tuner or a SE race tuner with a EFI download. Did you buy the bike when it was new or did you by the bike used? If you got the bike used you don't know what the previous owner did to the bike so you may want to do some checking. You may also have a exhaust leak somewhere.

If your bike is stock and you just did the exhaust the computer should adjust and you should not have a popping issue. When I got my bike I put V&H true duels on without doing anything else to the bike and it ran just fine with no popping from the exhaust on decel. If you had the stage 1 air intake done along with the exhaust then you would need a EFI tuner or a SE race tuner with a EFI download. Did you buy the bike when it was new or did you by the bike used? If you got the bike used you don't know what the previous owner did to the bike so you may want to do some checking. You may also have a exhaust leak somewhere.

I know the previous owner. He did not perform any mods on the bike.
The bike has 4 k miles.
It does not pop on stock mufflers.
Do you think I should give the computer time to readjust?
M K

Back