free website stats program Question about the primary | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about the primary

After we got home put a jack under the bike so it was level checked engine and trans oil, all where they should be.

Engine and transmission levels are designed to be checked with the bike on its sidestand for my '08 Street Glide. No need to jack the bike and level it. I doubt if yours is different but read your service manual to be sure.

checked my service manual also. Dr. Dolittle is correct.....everything is to be checked/added/drained while on the jiffy (side) stand on my 2011 dyna.

My book says can be done both ways.
Any way off to the dealer today and let them find out whats going on.

Upright its about 1/4in lower. If I can I will post a picture from my book or on line when I have time to look.

You Know,,,, This problem Bugged Me...

I truly wonder as Over FULL you say it was.....::: IF they took a very Inexperienced youngster and let him do the lube change. Paying them Minimum wage and charging out the full $$$$ for YOUR shop time.?..

STORY BELOW: read ONLY If you WANT,,,

Story BELOW NOT for Tank.........

I have seen this happen before and don't doubt it happens every once and a while in any shop.

MY story:
On a ride out of washington state, to here in Az. I stopped at a HD dealer along the way, midway in Oregon.
Having Problems of OLD, the oil light saying NO oil pressure on startup, was happening on this journey.(now not a problem).

Bike under warranty,,, never ANYTHING found by any HD shop I took it to... Decided to let them have a go at it... (new Blood)

The HD Shop owner(over viewed the situation) wanted to DROP my fairly fresh change of Redline and HD filter (about 350 miles on it).

HD Owner said "Redline FOAMED and was the CAUSE,,,,,,, causing my "0" oil pressure on Hot startup. Seen this Many times."

Taking a look at the KID ( YES, profiled) that was to do the job, talked with earlier.

I ASKED for That One over there to do the swap of Oil and Filter... Why was the question from the owner......

I said "He looks to have some EXPERIENCE and not a Youngster...

Owner getting HOT, saying "It's JUST an Oil/Filter Change"...:newsmile03:

I asked IF using the KID , would I get a Junior discount on this service?

The older whiskered guy I choose did the change. :newsmile100:

Correlating the story for the readers of the above:

YES I know the story above only goes to SHOW ME that an inexperienced TECH could have been used on Your change out on the Primary.....

New to the job, Un supervised probably and not tooooo bright...

Kinda like the KID I talked with who WAS going to do the change on my bike...

signed....BUBBIE

Back