free website stats program Question about stereo volume... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about stereo volume...

I made note of the volume level on mine this morning as I rode in. At 60 mph, 2500 rpm, It was exactly half volume, a perfect listening level. I do have the tour pack with the rear speakers.

Nothing is wrong with your stereo i have a 08 streetglide and had the same problem. I just bucked up and bought a basic stereo upgrade from aipracing.com van nuys, ca (818) 776-8749. They were very helpful and answered all my ?s and didn't try to upsell me. Check it out.

i added the arc mini amp and 4 front arc speakers, 2 stock location and 2 in lower pods from hog tunes.

very loud and sound oh soo good.
the only thing i would change is to use 6.5" speakers in the stock spot with adaptors. for more mid bass.

First off I have a stock height Clearview sheild on my 09 RG. That alone cut down the wind noise on the highway. 2nd, I installed Hogtunes and the clarity as I turn up the volume is amazing and on the highway @ 70 is no problem.

Hogtunes I think has an amp as well, that you could add if you wanted it, but I think you also need maybe a mounting bracket from them as well (not sure as I recall some bracket needed to mount the amp for a RG, just not sure of the year).

The auto volume control works fine for me, but I think it's the combo Clearview and Hogtunes.

Ride safe and have fun!

Back