free website stats program question about headlight modulators | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

question about headlight modulators

I would never install one on my bike, heard of people that had them and at intersections people thought they were flickering their light for them to go and they ended up getting hit. Not worth the risk for me.

Agreed.
Your best safety feature is located between your ears.

I have one, and in my view ANYTHING that keeps some idiot from pulling out or turning left in front of me is worth it....I also have the Oshram 04 bulb which is brighter...yes the fail safe circut turns it on if the unit fails, and a sensor (photocell) trips it off at dusk. With the Road Glide, it's only wired to one bulb, so the other runs "normal" all the time.
And loud pipes on the bike. I ride like every car I meet is TRYING to run me down and kill me on delibertly.....riding since 1965 and have yet to have an accident on the street, but laid down plenty of dirt bikes and have the scars to prove it...FYI J&P has them...

I'm going to add my opinion to the please don't do it side.

I have ridden with people who have those (blinkity blank) things and yes they do reflect in the mirrors of the bike in front of you and yes it is distracting! In my opinion it is better to be more attentive to your surroundings than use modulators. I won't go on any more tours where there are a lot of blinking lights ie Americaders with Wings. These things are annoying and more silly than even the fluorescent green or yellow coats that are becoming popular with some factions.

Back