Question about Headers

Freedom or Vance & Hines headers

• Vance & Hines

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freedom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lb53sjs

I have a stock 2016 Road Glide and looking to upgrade my headers. I'm stuck between the Freedom true duals and the Vance & Hines true duals. Any thoughts on both and which I would be better off with? One shop is saying no to the Freedoms because they have been nothing but trouble yet another shop is staying true to the Freedom brand.

If needing to upgrade the headers, what would you go with?

On a touring model I would probably go for Fuel Moto Jackpot 2:1:2 head pipe, the SS pipe paired with a set of their Jackpot Classic Slip on mufflers. The mufflers come with a 2" baffle but I would probably opt for the 2.5" baffle; a little louder but less back pressure. If you want quiet, you can specify a 1.75" baffle. Happy hunting.;)

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/rt-4073-jackpot-exhaust.html

I have the same bike. V&H True Duals have more of the Harley sound, (one pipe per cylinder) The Power duals provide a bit more horsepower (sound is mixed from both cylinders. I opted for the Power duals and the OS 450 Destroyer slip on mufflers. I purchased all from Revzilla for around $1500.00 including FP3 tuner and naked VO2 air cleaner.

I've got a set of V&H Dresser Duals on my bike and love them. Hearing your exhaust in stereo is awesome. My only complaint with them is they can scrape a little in sharp turns but it's not enough to worry about unless you're looking for it. I may buy the Power Duals next time. I don't like the look of them as much but the little bit of added power over the Dresser Duals could change my mind. The V&H pipes have a great build quality and they sound good. That's enough for me. Good luck!

Back