free website stats program Question about handle bar wobble on 2010 HD Streetglide Trike | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about handle bar wobble on 2010 HD Streetglide Trike

Pappa Dukes

I have a 2010 Harley Street Glide trike. It has 6K miles on it and does have the factory steering stabilizer. Starting at about 40mph if I loosen my grip on the handlebars I get a small amount of wobble back and forth in the handle bars. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do to correct it?

There's quite a few things that can be causing that. Next time
you ride it. Shake the front end while holding the handlebar
grips tight. Is the wobble more evident? It could also be the
steering stabilizer beginning to wear. I hope not for your sake.
They are expensive! Also when turning, does your front brakes
squeak at all? The neck bearing nut may need to be tightened.
Just have to go through the process of elimination. Start with
the cheapest or easiest first. Also do a search on youtube for a video. Let us know what you find out.

zoood/RJ

1st and foremost. Air pressure and check tread for cupping or erratic wear especially on the front.

I'm with Jack, check for cupping and uneven wear. The head bearings would be the next place. Your manual should tell you how to do a fall away test.

I've got a 2010 tri glide. almost same issue except if i drive about 5 mph and let go the whole front end shakes. I looked into the cost of the steering damper $520.00 at HD. I'm working on eliminating front end, tires etc.
Can't find replacements on ebay or anything.
There must be some sort of cycle junk yard or bone yard out here around Baltimore or somewhere.

I've got a 2010 tri glide. almost same issue except if i drive about 5 mph and let go the whole front end shakes. I looked into the cost of the steering damper $520.00 at HD. I'm working on eliminating front end, tires etc.
There must be some sort of cycle junk yard or bone yard out here around Baltimore or somewhere.

Is this the Slow Speed Death Wobble?
JUST KIDDING
I'm not familiar with trikes but at a slow speed, I'm inclined to think it may not be the front end. Check your motor mounts.

Harley Davidson Parts | Screamin Eagle Parts | Performance | Boom Audio
If you have a part number check here:s
You will not believe their prices plus free shipping and NO tax

Back