free website stats program Question about ECU and Remapping | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about ECU and Remapping

jrosmos

Hello family, my question is I have a 2007 XL 1200 Custom Sportster that came with Screamin Eagle pipes, and I was thinking about putting on a Screamin Eagle Air Cleaner. My question is about the ECU & Remapping, was remapping done on it for the pipes, or will I have to have it done if I put on A/C. This is my first Harley and I am looking for some direction. Can anyone lessen my confusion?????
Thanks, Rick

most likely wont have been remapped for only mufflers, but taking it to a dealer to check what calibration is actually in your bike

Most likley you will need to have it remapped to get the most outta your upgrades, you can remap it yourself if you have a TTS mastertune or a Screamin Eagle..

Whenever mods are done it wouldn't hurt to have the dealer "tweak" the ecu. This way the program will take advantage of the better airflow and adjust the mixture correctly. You will find out that with the new a/f the bike will run better. It would also be wise while you are doing mods to do a full stage 1 upgrade and further improve performance. You already have the pipes and filter upgrade and jets are not very expensive.

As the 2007 Sportster is the first year of EFI and the fact you are changing TWO items on the path to Stage I upgrade...get a fueler like TFI by Dobeck is the easiest for the DIYer and completely adjustable by you...such a deal.

You won't be sorry and if you look into the Search or Self Help tabs near the top you can find the related threads with keywords or tips to help you do the deed. No downside here and costs less than $300.

Last edited:
As the 2007 Sportster is the first year of EFI and the fact you are changing TWO items on the path to Stage I upgrade...get a fueler like TFI by Dobeck is the easiest for the DIYer and completely adjustable by you...such a deal.

You won't be sorry and if you look into the Search or Self Help tabs near the top you can find the related threads with keywords or tips to help you do the deed. No downside here and

And as a forum member you would qualify for a discount from Dobeck as well as an area in the forum for direct support from their technical experts

TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Community

Brian

Sorry Jack, as you can see I only have like 5 or 6 posts, and I wanted to post a link so I was just looking to post something quickly :bigsmiley25:

On other forums they swear by the vied or something like that...seems to be the best bang for the buck, but I don't know much about it

L

Back