free website stats program question about dtc b1005 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

question about dtc b1005

Hard to believe but another buddy called me this weekend bike broke down 08 ultra same symtems pull tank cap, o-ring pushed out base warped ,guess its just a matter of time before mine does it. Oh yea called harley this morning no recall on that part.

Oh yea called harley this morning no recall on that part.

Cool Breeze, I have never called the MoCo but have wanted to on several occasions. When you call them, is it a series of hoops you have to jump through in order to talk to someone. Is is a just a lip service event?

really wasn't that bad this morning only had to call twice to talk to someone that knew the part I was talking about . but still did'nt tell me what I wanted to hear!:newsmile093:

put a new twist on things, got home yesterday and couldnt stand the wondering so pulled my tank cap \filter assembly and yes it was warped, called moco again got a fellow name Chris very nice and knowledgable gave me a ref # wants me to send one of the bad pieces to moco for inspection, so when i pick up new part at dealer were gonna call moco again. now with that done i start thinking wonder what it would do to put this piece in boiling water for about 5 min came out perfectly straight so when you change those fuel filters at 25000 miles inspect base and you may have to cook it for a few min.:newsmile036:

.try some PEX clamps; also i used some hi-pressure hose i bought from NAPA.
just butter-lube the male ends of the oil cooler its self with some automotive sealant, slip the right size pex ring over the hose, then slip the hose over the oil cooler male ends and clamp the ring with the pex ratchetand let it dry over night. this worked excellent for me, looks great and absolutely no leak. good luck...........................

Last edited by a moderator:
Back