free website stats program Puzzling question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Puzzling question

Some funny responses and some reasonable explanations...

God Speed and keep the rubber on the road

Tks all/Cheers,

BB

Greetings all,

I've always wanted to ask the question, so here goes...

While riding all of my H-Ds on highways at speeds over 65 mph, what and where does the very small bits of liquid hitting me on my face, legs, arms, clothes come from?

In other words, I realize the bike is air-cooled with no radiators in sight, so why am I getting "spit on" while riding?

Is it oil coming from somewhere (air filter)? Is it from cars leaking some fluid while I'm traveling behind them?

Is it small/minute particles of gas coming from under the tank?

Insects splattering?

I get home and I see no visible signs of bug splatter, no oil or gas smells on me or my clothes -- nothing??? Where and what is causing this small spitting effect?

Can anyone answer this, pls?

Tks/Cheers,

B

God does not like you.

Really? I never seen/heard of this before!

Hmm, learn something new every day.

Is it only done by a certain species of trees by chance? Or all of them do it if the temperature fluctuates?

Dunno the answer to this for sure, just my take on it. On a clear day no cars in front of me, I am guessing at best here. Trees are abundant here, mostly pines along the hiways. Natures air conditioners. Have you ever sat under a tree on a hot day and felt the moisture?

Dunno the answer to this for sure, just my take on it. On a clear day no cars in front of me, I am guessing at best here. Trees are abundant here, mostly pines along the hiways. Natures air conditioners. Have you ever sat under a tree on a hot day and felt the moisture?

No, I have not I have felt the coolness of the shade though, unless of course your talking about one of your afternoon rains you have down there

Actually, pine trees! I was out shooting some hoops in my driveway with some friends today and I happened to have some huge Douglas Firs by my driveway, and since it was hot (mid 80's F) they were actually making a small cracking noise and I was getting sprayed some kind of liquid... I'm assuming pine tar, but it wasn't sticky or at least not like regular pine tar.

So I had witnesses... they all never saw/heard of it before until today.

Back