free website stats program Putting the Torque to bolts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Putting the Torque to bolts

Wet or Dry Bolt when using Torque wrench.

• Dry only

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Wet only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loctite on threads

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would take the attitude that if the service manual states to apply loctite of a specific grade then the torque value given would be correct value for that application

Brian

I agree with Brian, if Locktite is specified, it is closer to the "wet" spec which is 25% Less than the DRY spec...JMHO :33: BTW Loctite in the little applicator is dissolved in "liquid" form solvent...matter of fact the liquid can "leach" down a slightly loosened fastener to help you remove it...that Red Loctite is seriously tough to break loose, only other way is using a heat gun. :small3d015:

Last edited:
I use the Locktite Blue and in the cream form. I usualy blow out the holes with compresssed air. If a major bolt such as head bolts then will chase it. Clean with brake parts cleaner then blow it out.

Now how many believe the wrenchers in the HD service dept actually use torque wrenches?

Now how many believe the wrenchers in the HD service dept actually use torque wrenches?

Not me, my spark plugs are finger tight only each time I have gotten it back from a service. I believe on Heads, cylinders, etc they may but not on anything else

Back