Putting air in tires is a .....

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by dogdad, Feb 6, 2009.

1. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

I know I asked about putting air in tires before and after finding out about the air chuck I needed to do it,, but I have to say,,,,,it is a "PAIN" doing it. I fight to get my hand w/ chuck between the rotor and rim. I would think it would be easier somehow. Is there a better way that I'm not familiar with?

2. SeaRider04

SeaRider04 Active Member

You may using a wrong chuck (too long?) use the stubby one, look in the help sections, we did talked about this not too long ago.

3. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

I am using the stubby,,,it's still a pain.

4. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Better let the dealer do it for you. The big plus will be the air he will use is H/D approved and blessed.

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

If the problem you are having is to get your hand in there between the air chuck and rotor ask your wife to do it for you.Thats what I do as her hands are so much smaller she makes it look easy:D

6. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

are you tubed or tubeless? If you have a tube you could have a new tube put in with a different valve stem, If your tubeless you could change the valve stem out for a different one. Maybe one with a 90 in it.

7. caseyleiser

caseyleiser Active Member

I bought a 90 degree extention from an R.V. store, just screw it on when I need air. Works really well.

8. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

Have a tube,,,I think with spokes there's no choice
    Like the idea,,,I'll look for the angled extension.

9. Buzzy

Buzzy Active Member

Yeah, it is a pain, especially on the rear tire of a bagger.

10. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

I take my bag off to put air in,,,it's just that my hands have a hard time fitting between the rotor and rim.