free website stats program Put Your Baby Up Yet ? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Put Your Baby Up Yet ?

About a week ago I washed the bike, added seafoam, topped off the tank and took it for a 20 mile ride...then topped off the tank again and headed home and changed all the fluids. Next day I polished and waxed the bike. It's now sitting atop the pitbull jack for the winter, covered with sheets and steel wool in the exhaust.

I never considered plugging the exhaust, you have me thinking about it.
Any comments on this out there?

I never had done it before. Just the other day I found remnants of a mouse and set traps. Got one. Checked both cars and bike. Found a nice nest in the Merc air cleaner. Checked bike nothing in air cleaner but removed seat and found a dozen acorns under seat. No damage to wiring checked today and found another had a struggle with a trap and escaped. Soooooo I will be plugging exhaust on bike.
Great suggestion.

The "KING" is down for the season, but luckily, snugly stored in a warm heated building where I have all the space I need for winter work. Starting off with a thorough cleaning and I think I might pull the tank for some paintwork. I miss the riding already!

Haven't put mine up yet and don't plan on it. It was 25 degrees this morning when I left for work and the 09 Road King did just fine. Electric Gloves kept my fingers from turning to icicles and everything else was nice and warm.

Living in Virginia - I'm just as likely to have 50/60* weather in January so I ride as much as I can.

I never considered plugging the exhaust, you have me thinking about it.
Any comments on this out there?

Rodents like to sneak up the pipes and nest, I always packed my pipes in Minnesota, But for the last 13 years I dont have that problem any more and I ride every day. My old crew in Minnesota hated me in the winter they said I was not the same, HMMM, imagine that. To all of you who are down for the winter, hope its a short one and you are back in the wind soon, Capital Jack:s

I live in Montana we have a foot of snow on the ground and its in single digits. Yes my baby is put up and we are hoping for an early spring.

Back