free website stats program Put up for winter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Put up for winter

Put the Ultra to bed today. Took for a blast around the block to incorporate the stabil. Wiped the chrome with wd40, pulled the battery and put on a tender . I'll need to get some pigtails so I don't have to remove it every year - -It's a tight fit. Already changed fluids to Spectro/ Mobil 1/ Formula +. Come to think about it, everything I did today was because of this forum. No need to go elsewhere. Many thanks to all.

+1 I would like to thank everyone for the info shared here on this forum also.
It has really helped with decisions on my new to me Harley.

No way here in OKC. Just fluid changes and regular battery tender I ride weekly most of the winter. Of course the windshield and full leathers help.However is has been in the 60's this weekend. Perfect............

its nearly 50 here in ohio today..... time to go putt around:D

Makes me feel real good JJDH your out and about on a sunny day today in the buckeye state!:( I have too many items on my plate today for a ride which would be almost heavenly to me! Enjoy yourself and be safe.

I ride year round in Central Indiana.

Have full set of heated gear which keep me warm all the way down to 20 degrees at 70 mph on the highway.

Since I have an office at work, I change into work attire there then back when I leave in evening. 22 miles one way to work so even if heated gear failed its not the end of the world.

As long as there is no snow or ice, I'll ride. Thus, I normally pull an additional 20 days between now and April. We have an average of 26 inches of snow per year here, usually coming in a couple of big storms, then little ones. Weather always seems to warm up just enough in between to melt the snow for a few days at least making riding excellent.

I have 4.000 miles on the car this year, and 14,000 on the Ultra....lovin' it.

I see they make stabil for E10 gas, is that what everyone is useing, do all 50 states use E10 gas now, will the old stabil work with the E10 gas?

THanks to this forum I have a new plan on Winter storage However with a forecast of mid 50's tomorrow just might have to ride, Planning on putting her away when the first signs of the spray on Ohio paint killer is applied Happy holidays

Rode to work on my sglide12/1! Gonna be a long winter!!! Put stabil and battery tenders on both bikes,original battery on 09 Fatboy!

Back