free website stats program Put up for winter | Harley Davidson Forums

Put up for winter

wagsrk08

Banned
Today changed the oil (Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50), new filter, fuel stabilizer, tire pressure to specs, washed/waxed, lifted up on jack stand, hooked up battery tender and covered up until spring. Have already looked in garage a few times just to reaffirm this is what I did. Slowly starting to sink in. It even sleeted snow this morning.......

I got mine on the charger, washed and waxed also, just need to change the oil, we have some flurries here today also, not major but a little, hoping to be able to do the Polar Bear ride on New Years day, and possibly some more riding before the big snow comes.

Same here in NE - bike's hibernating for winter. Sad thing is...temp was 60 today, but too many holiday things on the to do list to wake the scoot :small3d007:

Still nice enough for riding in Germany got the RK all put to bed for winter....gonna ride the sporty for the winter...STEVE07...Kitchener, still having a good winter? no snow yet? my folks still live there.

Mine is all put up at a friends which makes it a little easier not being able to see her every day. I haven't changed the oil and filter yet though. I have about 800 miles before next scheduled change and am hoping to get a few rides in before the snow flies. Today would be a good day but I REALLY HAVE to get some things done around here or I may be in hot water.:newsmile03: not really, thankfully my wife is very understanding when it comes to riding, she knows how much I enjoy it.

Changed the oil and filter, wash and waxed, stabil in full tank of gas, air pressures secured, covered and up on jack in my garage. This has been my first season with my new 2009 Ultra Classic. I had a pretty good year of riding considering the lousy weather in the northeast through June and July. I did 7500 miles with a trip to Nova Scotia and a seven day ride across PA, down through WV and back up through NY state home to MA. Love my new ride and can't wait till the first ride in the spring. It can be pretty dangerous riding the winter months up here with all the sand and salt on the roads. I rather wait to some rain can wash most of it off in the spring before hitting the roads again.

I hope all you guys that added stabil to the fuel ran the bike a bit afterwards to get the stabil through the system.

Put the Ultra to bed today. Took for a blast around the block to incorporate the stabil. Wiped the chrome with wd40, pulled the battery and put on a tender . I'll need to get some pigtails so I don't have to remove it every year - -It's a tight fit. Already changed fluids to Spectro/ Mobil 1/ Formula +. Come to think about it, everything I did today was because of this forum. No need to go elsewhere. Many thanks to all.

It is nice here today also. I really do not think that I am going to put mine up for winter, I am going to ride when I can.

Back