Put some new pipes on the bike

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by fpd4308, Mar 27, 2011.

1. fpd4308

fpd4308 Member

Well the fishtails I had gave my bike a cool old school look but I just couldn't get used to the tinny rappy sound and the excessive decompression pop so I put these guys on. Much deeper sound and more rumble.

Attached Files:

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

If you put the fishtails back on try some eye bolts or Lollipops in them it will change that tinny sound and give you some back pressure:s Amazon.com: Jergens 18506 Shoulder Eye Bolt, 3/4-10 Scientific

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  3. Gezzer Glide

Gezzer Glide Active Member Contributor

4. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Yea I like to know that too. I've heard about doing something like that to give backpressure (i.e. get some low end torque back) but could not really understand how or what they were using.

5. Jack Klarich

Easy install, drill a hole install the screw eye and double nut it, The exhaust is split or diverted just a bit creating some back pressure or resistance if you will, and changes the exhaust note so it is not so tinny. I have done this on all my Baggers

6. Webbtron

Webbtron Banned

Do you have the eye bolt turned so the hole is in line with the muffler?

7. Jack Klarich

That is the way I do them but try it side ways if you want, or you could run 2 per pipe if you like. I have seen home made ones that were made by welding a washer on a threaded rod:s