free website stats program put about 200 miles | Harley Davidson Forums

put about 200 miles

Bobcat316

on the new bike (well new to me). It was great getting used to the bike with a few of my buds today. 4:30 I picked up my wife and we put about 60 or 70miles.

Bike gets hot at lights (as I new it would from reading the forum), but found the heat sheilds that come stock on 09's for about 60 bucks. Might try some when the hot weather rolls around again.

Noticed the 5th gear noise as I had from other UC's I have test riden. But knew to expect that from reading the forum. The 5th gear noise was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be (in my opinion).

Of course this is my first day of riding, in a few weeks I may be crabbin about it. But all in all it seems like a pretty nice ride and I can already see it will be like my bass boat (always more money to throw at it).

Thanks
Bob

Change the transmission to spectro 6 speed full synthetic, that will help with the whine and you will see smoother shifting. Congrats on the new ride, enjoy.

Bobcat316...congratulations and welcome! As Trek says, change the fluids, but expecially change the engine oil out to 100% Synthetic. Might want to follow the various tips and lube polls in the Self Help section or Search tabs near the top of this web page. Really check out the final rider fitment (legs and hand positions confortable) without cramping and able to reach (if even blindfolded) easily?

Now go to an empty parking lot and practice using friction point and rear braking to make tight turns to the left and the right for about an hour or so over a few weekends. You will feel and ride much better with your new ride...ENJOY!

Last edited:
I have put on about 500 miles on the New Screamin Eagle and enjoying it a lot better then the SE Fatboy

Nothin' like a new bike...I was stoked when I got my first Honda 125, and 30 plus years later am still beaming about my RK which will be one year old soon.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Back