free website stats program purge hose ? | Harley Davidson Forums

purge hose ?

scionracer

ok on the induction module there is a hose fitting it is the purge hose fitting according to the manual, mine is missing the hose or is it supposed to be capped, in the manual it is used for cal models anyone know should there be a hose or do i cap it

Sounds like someone took the emissions stuff off your bike. I have not done this myself but from reading the manual, that fitting sucks in and without a hose connected I can image what it's sucking in, I would try capping it and see how it runs, someone else with experience might chime in and give you better advice.

On all models, when the engine is running, intake venture negative pressure (vacuum) slowly draws off the hydrocarbon vapors from the charcoal canister through the
canister-to-intake purge hose. These vapors pass through the intake and are burned as part of normal combustion in the engine.

ok thanx for the info, believe I found out what happened looks like it broke off and the shop that replaced a battery and just forgot to tell the previous owner, or they did and he just disregarded it but went ahead and replaced it with regular vacum line thanx again

Back