free website stats program PulStar spark plugs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

PulStar spark plugs

At the speed of light/electrons the "storage" time would be brief indeed, maybe the have discovered some new law of physics? Stephen Hawking stand aside..
Lets see the spark plug is about 5" long at 186,282 miles per second....

The ad states that the Pulsar plugs "store energy", then release it. Ignition pulses are pretty short, where do they get the extra energy for the storage? :bigsmiley24:

More than likely in the form of a capacitor built in....I'll stick with the HD plugs :D

All it takes is a spark and the mixture is lit off in the cylinder. The fancy plugs with multiple electrodes and names you can't pronounce don't do any better job at lighting off the fuel in the cylinder, only emptying your wallet better.

If you throw 3 lit matches in a puddle of fuel, as long as they don't go out, will it light the fuel any better than one match would?

HMMM, as long as we have a good ignition system gap stock plugs and run them, I have tried almost all plugs at one time or another and have seen no major improvement JMO

Good information as I am about to change plugs. Think I will stick with stock. How often should they be changed? I had new ones at 7k and a bit over 10.5k now.

Good information as I am about to change plugs. Think I will stick with stock. How often should they be changed? I had new ones at 7k and a bit over 10.5k now.

JMO ---- you now have stock HD plugs in your scoot and only have a little over 3k miles on them - take them out , check the gap , wipe them off and stick 'em back in there. :cheers

Once a season or at 10K services should do it.

Yours should be good for the next 20K service.

I think it falls in the deer whistle category. If anybody has ever lit any gasoline with a match, it dont take much. Add compression and look out.

Bodeen

Pulstar Pulse Plugs Dynomometer Test in a Harley Davidson Sportster.avi - YouTube

I have no opinion yet, but here is a harley tech running a dyno on a sportster with stock and with pulstars...see for yourself.

=================================================

I think that worked...the link post, my first try at video linking here. wee...:22:

=================================================

One thing that people seem to forget is that usually with this type of comparison even on a dyno, a plug with miles is being taken out and a new fresh plug is being installed. You will see about the same difference in that scenario too if you just replace what's in there with fresh plugs of the same kind.:s

Same holds true for the differences in air cleaners too.

Back