Pulsestar Spark Plugs

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by kstrohs57, May 4, 2014.

1. kstrohs57

kstrohs57 Active Member

My brother in-law gave me pulsestar plugs last winter & said these are the best plugs ever (has run them in his dyna street glide & sporster). Does anybody have good info on the Pulsestar plugs ? Im going to install the Pulsestar plugs to see if there better then the Screaming eagle plugs that i have been running . Thanks for any good info .

2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I cant give you any info on those plugs, but I have run NKG, Splitfire and the screamin eagle plugs only to find that my bike runs best on the stock HD plug.

3. kstrohs57

kstrohs57 Active Member

The Pulstar plugs are advertising up to 10% horse power gain , better fuel milage & lower emissions . Sounds too good to be true ??

4. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

I tried NKG iridium also, and went back to stock plugs.Iridiums were intermittent and would throw a code.They just work!Never heard of Pulsestar.

5. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

I have run NGK Denso Accel Screaming Eagle...truthfully could not tell any difference in any of them

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Harley Davidson Forums Read this, I would check the plugs for resistance before i ran them JMO I believe TOO many are fooled into buying gimmick plugs at a high cost for NO good reason JMO

7. FishHunter

FishHunter Active Member

8. wfmacii

wfmacii Member

Over the years I have found NGKs to be the go to plug for metrics and have had mixed results on American, German and British made vehicles. So, I find your experience with NGKs interesting. Currently, I'm using Autolite iridiums on my Heritage and the bikes running strong without throwing any codes. I have found the the Autolites seem to start my bike a little better when cold. I never heard of Pulsestar plugs either.

9. Hobbit

Hobbit Active Member

Stock or SE for me everytime, used autolites on my carbed bikes but not the FI stuff

10. kstrohs57

kstrohs57 Active Member

Have only 85 miles on the new Pulstar plugs but I can notice the starting in quicker , the performance/acceleration is faster the torque or lower end power is increased - I know this is just my observation in words & not an actual dyno . Still will have to see if the fuel milage is improved . Did talk with my brother in-law that lives in Savana Ga again on these Pulstar plugs & he is convinced that with harleys with extra performance mods will have increased performance with the Pulstar plugs , not so much with stock builds other then starting better . My 04 ultra is not stock - 103 screaming eagle with cams etc ,stage 1 al. billet air cleaner, screaming eagle race tuner & true duals .