pulling motor

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by hargun2, Jul 12, 2010.

1. hargun2

hargun2 Member

just a quick question on a engine removal, any suggestions on the easiest way to pull my motor out of my 2006 Classic? I'm hoping someone out there has performed this operation and I would appreciate any advice or suggestions...thanks

2. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

well i do know there is something i always forget to unhook so double check.. i do pull it out the rt side course i may be doing it the hard way...

3. hargun2

hargun2 Member

did you have any issues with the clutch cable being in the way? The removal procedures don't mention removing it..

4. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

no just keep an eye on it. don't let it catch on anything.

5. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

SUPPORT the front of the tranny and the back of the engine BEFORE loosening the four bolts connecting the two. Disconnect the neg. cable from battery. Take the tank OFF. Turnbuckle. Throttle cables. Pipes. Drain the engine oil. Mark and disconnect the sensor wires.

TQ

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Take some good pictures before removal, you will have a good referance point:s

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

There is a small notch between the block and trans cases behind the primary. It's for a pry bar to Gently separate the cases. Like TQ said support trans.

8. Gezzer Glide

Gezzer Glide Active Member Contributor

That is a good idea. I would also get some zip lock bagges and but your bolts in them and label where they went. Once you get a pile of bolts its hard to remember where they all went...:small3d012:

9. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Another winning idea good job Gezzer Glide:D

10. hargun2

hargun2 Member

she's out, thanks for all your help.