free website stats program Pulling front wheel | Harley Davidson Forums

Pulling front wheel

67wizard

Is it necessary to remove both calipers left and right to remove the front wheel? I want to take off the front tire a get it changed, after 33k it is getting down to where I don't want to ride in the heat out here in Vegas. I have an Indy shop that will change it off the bike for $20.00. The book leades me to think only the right side needs to come off.

I just replaced my front tire last week. I only pulled the right side caliper, not sure it matters which side you do!

It will make the job much easier. I always remove both. Be sure to check the thickness of pads and replace if close....

Once you have the callipers off might be a good idea to give them a good clean and service prior to re fitting

Brian

Just did my tire at 13,000 and glade to have it changed, 33,000 is a lot more miles than would want to go. Check the master cylinder cover and gasket while pushing calipers back in, found mine compromised so I replaced the cap with gasket and changed brake fluid as well....

I have seen others post that with the new frames (09-10) the tire milage has been much better. Most of my trips are all highway not much in town (Las Vegas Nv.)

Back