free website stats program Pulley Nut Tool | Harley Davidson Forums

Pulley Nut Tool

Fossil

I may have to replace my belt drive in the near future. Do any of you know where I can get the 1 7/8" main shaft pulley nut remover/installer? For my 1988 FLHS I think the Harley number is 96550-37A. I have found the one Jims makes but last year I saw one in a magazine for $50. My riding pal bought one an it works just fine. Fossil

I got mine off ebay came from USA and was delivered to me here in the UK for total cost of just under £50
could have got the jms tool from a zodiac dealer delivered to me for about £140

OK the jms tool will be of a higher quality and if you need to use it weekly for the next 20 years then the higher quality tool is the best buy but if you'll only use it 20 or so times in your life perhaps a cheaper tool will be sufficient

Brian

I may have to replace my belt drive in the near future. Do any of you know where I can get the 1 7/8" main shaft pulley nut remover/installer? For my 1988 FLHS I think the Harley number is 96550-37A. I have found the one Jims makes but last year I saw one in a magazine for $50. My riding pal bought one an it works just fine. Fossil

George's, but are you sure you need to pull the pully to change the belt?

TQ

TQ that is a good point but I live on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and the soil here is mostly sand. So if I change belts I'd best change the pulleys also. I got Georges Garage and they have the puller for $82.50 plus P/H. So far that is the lowest price yet. Thanks to all of you for helping me out. Fossil

Back