free website stats program Pulled the Trigger! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pulled the Trigger!

Nice find.

For future reference and I'm sure others may also be wondering - what type of "scouring" did you do and where did you finally find your bike? Want ads? Dealer? Ebay/Craigslist? Website?

Thanks! :cheers

Thanks to all for the replies and well wishes. It is going to be a long winter! I'll be out the first dry day it hits 40. Basically, eBay, Craigslist, and word of mouth is what I used. I wound up contacting a relatively close (3.5 hrs)seller on eBay whose listing ended without his reserve being reached and made him an offer which he took. I'm borrowing an enclosed trailer and trekking out Sat. AM to pick it up.
The funny thing is that I sold all my SAE sockets and wrenches last year because I hadn't used them in so long! I've been riding Jap and European bikes for the last 25 years so all my stuff is metric. Can anybody point me in the right direction as far as common sizes for HD's? I'll tell you one thing, having a spin on oil filter will be a big plus as opposed to 2.5 hrs stripping down my KTM 950 to access 1 filter and 2 screens. I still have my DR350 dualsport for the woods so with the addition of the RK, I'll have the spectrum covered.

3/8" to 11/16" wrenches and sockets, torx and allen bits, will get most stuff done. A big crescent will work, but I prefer torqueing most fastners. And blue locktite. You're already familiar with craigslist, keep an eye out for tool sets. I found my bike on craigslist, and had trouble quitting my daily searches.

Congratulations! It is always nice to have a new toy. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so you can get some riding in. Snowing today in PA...

Congrats on the find, what a great feeling to find the right bike isn't it? Bonsi I am from Pa. also, got a feeling we are in for a long winter, supposed to get some bad weather tonight and Friday then another storm coming our way. Cannot wait until April! :bigsmiley11:

Congrats on the new ride. Is there an unusually big smile stuck on your face? We all are just waiting for a crack of sunshine.

Yes congrads....nice find. I hope that the winter is short so you will be able to feel that power between your legs..the wind in your hair...the smile on your face and the awesome people you will meet on this site.

Congrats sounds like a nice low milage bike at a nice price ,good .Now get back on E-bay and find a good deal on some sae tools you will need them for all the mods you will be doing this winter .Good luck and ride safe.

Congrats on a new ride. You will enjoy it.
I have my RK since November and absolutely love it.

Congrats, after having an 00 rkc, i can tell you these are some of the most solid bikes that h-d makes. I had mine for 10 yrs and 20kmiles with 0 problems, didnt even replace as much as a light! Keep those leather wrapped bags conditioned and enjoy many miles on it. They sure are lookers!

Back