free website stats program Protective film | Harley Davidson Forums

Protective film

Lawdog314

Going to pick up my new Ultra on Wednesday!:bigsmiley14: So pumped I don't think I'll be able to sleep for the next couple of nights! Anyway, won't bore you all with that. On my old RK Classic the bags were, of course, leather covered. The rare occasion I had a passenger they seemed to invariably drag a shoe across the top of them. Annoying but the scrapes always came out with a little leather treatment and elbow grease.

The Ultra, of course, has hard bags. I am worried that the same thing will happen and it ain't gonna be just slap the leather juice on it and rub. Recall seeing a product, I think by 3M for a film that you could put over the painted surface and it would be protected. Seems like it would be the cat's meow. Was wondering if anyone has used this stuff, how well it worked, price, and where would I begin my search. Appreciate any help as always.

78 degrees in Central Maine today! Who'da thought?:bigsmiley30:

Lawdog; Whichever product you choose will be a smart move. I am my own worst enemy. I frequently clip the edge of the bag when getting on. Please give us an update on your choice. And,, CONGRATULATIONS on the new ride.:guitar

Thanks all! I'll do some research and let ya know how it comes out. They say the first scratch is the only one that hurts, but I would rather forgo that for as long as possible!

Ride Safe!
Joe:59:

It is a little more work, but way less $$$ if you go on ebay and search for "paint protective film". I bought a rather large piece of some film and built my own tank protectors (for where the chaps dull the paint) and some lid protectors. They are hardly visible and easily installed. I have had tank protectors last for a full season before. I haven't covered the full lid as I didn't feel the need... Just covered the areas that get scuffed.

Back